Environmental responsibility means water resource protection.
Our rivers, lakes and vital drinking water reserves are increasingly at risk due to environmental factors. Sufficient protection can only be guaranteed if wastewater is largely decontaminated. Today, technological progress is increasingly broadening the range of possibilities offered by classic environmental protection. The ecological focus is on water protection and the multiple use of wastewater.
WABAG plants ensure that only clean water is discharged into rivers. In addition, through a combination of innovative treatment processes, we facilitate the reutilisation of wastewater for industrial and municipal purposes and thus the conservation of resources.
WABAG provides a range of optimised solutions extending from water softening to almost total nutrient removal. The key technologies employed include one- and two-stage activated sludge processes, membrane bioreactor technology (MARAPUR®), biofiltration (BIOPUR®) and moving bed biology (FLUOPUR®).
Our vast experience is continually being supplemented through intensive research work. Therefore, apart from standard technical processes, we are also able to offer highly efficient new developments.
Our proven and advanced processes include amongst others:
- Activated Sludge Process – Biological Wastewater Treatment
- Hybrid™ Process – The two-stage activated sludge process for nitrogen removal
- MARAPUR® – Membrane bioreactor (MBR)
- MICROPUR® – Advanced mechanical pre-treatment (fine sieving)
- BIOPUR® – Biofiltration for wastewater treatment
- FLUOPUR® – Biological sewage treatment using a moving bed process
- CYCLOPUR® – Sequencing Batch Reactor (SBR)
- NEREDA® – Aerobic Granular Activated Sludge
- BIOZONE® Process – Combined chemical-oxidative and biological effluent treatment
- DAMOPUR™ – Nitrogen removal (sidestream)
- Technologies for the removal of micropollutants: BIOZONE®, CARBOPUR®, PACOPUR®