VA TECH WABAG GmbH
Dresdner Str. 87-91
Fax: +43 1-25105-163
Mahmut Gedek (CEO)
Wolfgang Miksa (CFO)
The Vienna-based VA TECH WABAG GmbH was created in 1999 with the merger of the water technology business units of the VA TECHNOLOGIE Group with those of DEUTSCHE BABCOCK. However, the Austrian roots of today’s international WABAG Group reach back to 1868 and the Julius Overhoff company, which enjoyed success with water treatment activities as early as in the 1930s.
As an international systems supplier, WABAG Vienna implements sustainable solutions for industrial and municipal water supply and wastewater treatment plants, sludge treatment, sea and brackish water desalination, and water recycling. In addition, the company has stepped up its involvement in water management with the result that in recent years it has completed a growing number of projects within the framework of DBO (Design Build Operate) concepts, which have included both new capacity along with modernisation and enlargement of existing plants.
WABAG Vienna possesses EN ISO 9001:2008 accreditation and has supplemented its management systems with the areas of health, safety and the environment (HSE) with the successful initial certification for ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 in May 2009.
The long list of WABAG Vienna Group references contains many highlights of and they include:
- A unique direct potable water reuse plant at Goreangab, Windhoek/Namibia
- The first use of denitrification technologies in Austria (Obersiebenbrunn) and Poland (Czestochowa)
- Europe’ largest thermal desalination plant (24,000 m3/d) for AVR Rotterdam
- Germany’s largest, industrial MBR plant for Schering Bergkamen
- The first fully biological wastewater treatment plant on the Croatian coast for Senj
- A turnkey sludge treatment plant for Xiaohongmen, one of Beijing’s largest wastewater treatment plants
- Design of one of the world’s largest MBR plants (water reuse) for Beixiaohe, Beijing
- A DBO, turnkey contract for Algeria’s largest wastewater treatment plant (1.5 million p.e.) in Oran
- Two large, municipal wastewater treatment plants (250,000 + 210,000 m3/d), with anaerobic sludge handling and biogas recycling, completed on a DBO basis for Adana, Turkey