Perungudi, Wastewater Treatment, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
|Client:||Chennai Metropolitan Water Supply & Sewerage Board|
|Location:||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Capacity:||54,000 m3/d, Max. 135,000 m3/d|
- WABAG was entrusted with the replacement of an existing plant in Perungudi. The new sewage treatment plant on turnkey basis is designed for 54 MLD capacity. Only two sludge digesters have been rehabilitated and integrated into the new facility.
- The plant is based on conventional activated sludge process with anaerobic sludge digestion and biogas utilisation by means of a power generation plant based on gas engine of capacity 1317 KVA. The digested sludge is dewatered in centrifuges.
- The scope of supply comprises design, engineering, supply, installation, commissioning and Operations & Maintenance of the plant for a period of 10 years.
- Inlet chamber
- Grit Chamber
- Primary clarification
- Conventional activated sludge units
- Final clarification
- Sludge pumping station
- Sludge thickening
- Digesters with gas storage
- Power Generation Plant
- Sludge dewatering by centrifuge including centrate treatment
- Effluent Pumping Station