13th February, 2012
Firm Order book stands at Rs. 3,550 Crores (EUR 531.4 million)
Chennai: VA Tech Wabag, a leading global player in water and wastewater management announces the receipt of various orders worth Rs.533 Crores in Q3 FY12. It is important to mention that major orders are the repeat orders from the existing customers like, Delhi Jal Board, Durgapur Projects Limited, BWSSB, Essar Group. WABAG continues to enjoy the status of “Most Preferred Supplier” in water and waste water treatment space.
The highlights of key orders are as follows:
Domestic Orders worth Rs. 362 Crores (EUR 54.2 million)
- Delhi Jal Board of Rs. 250 Crores : Construction of 20 MGD Sewage Treatment Plant (STP) on DBO basis at Pappankalan Phase-II in New Delhi. The EPC portion of the project is Rs. 170 Crores and balance is Operation & Maintenance (O&M) for 10 years.
- Durgapur Projects Limited (DPL) of Rs. 50 Crores: The Company has signed a contract for design and construction of Total Water Management System for their 1 x 250 MW extensions Unit-8 at Durgapur Project Power Station (DPPS) Plant at Durgapur.
- Standalone O&M contracts: WABAG has received Standalone O&M contracts from various Municipal and Industrial clients in Q3 FY12. Some of them are,
- Root Energy and Engg. Services, Qatar order of Rs. 13.3 Crores for 4 years.
- Repeat order from Essar Oil for RO Plant at Jamnagar in Gujarat of Rs. 12.5 Crores for 3 years.
- Order from BWSSB for 218 MLD WWTP at K&C Valley of Rs. 7.6 Crores for 3 years.
Overseas Orders worth EUR 22.2 million
Order from Turkey of EUR 7.7 million for Waste Water Treatment Plant at Siverek. This project also incorporates anaerobic sludge treatment and subsequent bio-gas production thus ensuring sustainable energy supply.
Order from Swiss of EUR 3 million for the Construction of New filtration Plant in Pratteln, Switzerland which will guarantee elimination of micro-pollutants in the water source and ensure high quality drinking water.
Two orders from Czech Republic totalling to EUR 3.1 million in Drinking Water Treatment for Modernisation of the Jirkov WTP and Reconstruction of Mostiste WTP.
Order from Saudi Arabia of EUR 8.4 million for the Construction of new Sewage Treatment Plant for the city of Madinah in Saudi Arabia that will be designed with eco-friendly waste water disposal methods. This represents the first phase of the project.
With this order intake, the Firm Consolidated Order book now stands at Rs. 3,550 Crores (EUR 531.4 million). Of which 69% is related to India and 31% related to Company’s overseas subsidiaries. The Firm Order Book of EPC Segment stood at a Rs. 2,426 Crores (EUR 363.1 million) and O&M Segment stood at Rs. 1,124 Crores (EUR 168.25 million).
In addition to the Firm Order Book, the Company has Framework Contracts of Rs. 1,330 Crores. On receipt of advances or LCs or Notice to Proceeds or achieving financial closure, this will form part of Firm Order book.
For enquiries, please contact:
VA TECH WABAG Ltd.
11, Murrays Gate Road,
Alwarpet, Chennai 600 018,India
Tel: +91 44 422 32260
Around the world, the WABAG name stands for innovative and successful solutions in the water engineering sector. As an internationally respected expert group, we act as a systems specialist and full service provider with a focus on the planning, installation and operation of drinking and wastewater plants for local government and industry in the growth markets of Asia, North Africa, Middle East, the Central and Eastern Europe states.