VA TECH WABAG Ltd, Chennai, India
11, Murrays Gate Road
Alwarpet, Chennai 600 018
Tel: +91 44 422 323 23
Fax: +91 44 422 32 324
Rajiv D. Mittal (CEO)
Shiv Narayan Saraf (Executive Director Operations)
Amit Sengupta (Executive Director – Corporate Strategy)
Subramanian Varadarajan (Executive Director Finance)
Founded in 1996, VA TECH WABAG Ltd., India, quickly developed into the leader in the Indian water technology market and currently holds a market share of around 50 per cent. Company is headquartered in Chennai along the nation’s east coast in State of Tamil Nadu. WABAG India also disposes over locations in Delhi, Kolkata (Calcutta) and Pune, as well as in Indonesia, Dubai and Oman, and at present has a workforce of more than 800.
WABAG India offers the entire WABAG Group portfolio in the areas of municipal and industrial water and wastewater treatment. Also, the company has consolidated its’ specialist reputation through a number of innovative and path-breaking projects in the fields of water treatment and wastewater recycling. WABAG India has also added in this portfolio a new service offering under its umbrella with its new International Engineering Centre. This centre offers full fledged state-of-the-art engineering services in line with global standards both in terms of quality and delivery.
WABAG India is also foraying into plant operational management and within a few years has added a number of cities and municipalities as its clients. Currently, it is also operating India’s first wastewater treatment facility based on a BOOT model.
WABAG India implemented a quality management system at an early stage and has acquired the ISO 9001:2008 accreditation since 2000 and in addition ISO 14001:2004 & OHSAS 18001:2007 in 2010.
All in all, the company can point to over 100 reference plants both at home and abroad, which include highlights such as:
- India’s largest seawater RO plant, Chennai – Nemmeli WTP
- Delhi Games Village - Water treatment plant
- Asia’s largest wastewater treatment plant at the Jamnagar Refinery
- India’s first wastewater recycling plant for IOCL Panipat
- India’s largest lamella wastewater treatment plant for the Brihan Mumbai Municipal Corp. (BMC)
- The world’s largest tannery wastewater treatment plant for the Calcutta leather complex
- One of the world’s largest MBR technology wastewater treatment plants for Al-Ansab, Muscat
- India’s first ultra-filtration plant for treated wastewater for the Vizag Steel Plant
- India’s first wastewater treatment plant based on a BOOT model for Alandur