WABAG Water Services SRL, Romania
Dimitrie Pompeiu Blv., No 6E
9th floor, 2nd District
Tel.: +40 21 409 02 00
Fax: +40 21 409 02 22
Dipl.-Ing. Peter Lutz (CEO)
Ing. Erwin Mötz (CFO)
WABAG Water Services SRL (WWS) was founded in February 2008 as a VA TECH WABAG GmbH Vienna subsidiary. With its initial order from OMV PETROM SA for the modernisation and operational management of the wastewater treatment plant at the PetroBrazi refinery, WWS assumed responsibility for around 100 local employees. April 2009 saw the second contract from this segment, WWS undertaking plant operation in tandem with technical adaptation for the wastewater treatment plant at OMV PETROM’s Arpechim refinery in Pitesti. As a result the WWS workforce has increased to its current level of 160.
In line with its claim to top quality and sustainability, in June 2009 WWS successfully completed the accreditation of its quality management system according to EN/ISO 9001:2008 together with the areas of safety, health and the environment, in line with the international OHSAS 18001:2007 and ISO 14001:2004 standards.
WABAG has been active in Romania since the 1990s and has completed ten municipal plants in the wastewater and drinking water treatment sector.
The focus of WABAG Water Services SRL is on the construction and operational management of industrial and municipal water and wastewater plants in Romania.
- PetroBrazi refinery wastewater plant: 36,000 m3/d, modernisation and operational management, 2008
- Arpechim refinery wastewater plant: 30,000 m3/d, operational management and modification, 2009
- Chirita drinking water plant; 99,360 m3/d, modernisation and enlargement, start-up 2007
- Iasi pumping stations: refurbishing of 5 pump stations for drinking water supply, start-up: 2006
- Constanta South wastewater plant: rehabilitation and extension of entire sludge line, start-up: 2001