Al Wasia, Desalination (RO), Saudi Arabia
|Client:||Ministry of Agriculture|
- There are extensive groundwater resources in the desert regions of Saudi Arabia, which are unsuited for use as drinking water because of their high salinity. Therefore, WABAG was entrusted with the implementation of a Reverse Osmosis plant for the desalination of brackish groundwater. The plant supplies up to 200,000 m3/d to the growing population in Riad.
- Refurbishment of existing plant (pre-treatment) with Reverse Osmosis technique
- Technology: Partial desalination by use of slow decarbonisation and Reverse Osmosis
- Pre-treatment (existing plant): Cooling Towers, Softening, Sand filtration, Sludge thickening and clear water recycling
- Reverse Osmosis plant: 2 x 5 RO-units; Concentrate disposal by evaporation ponds, Blending for quality adjustment.