Kodungaiyur, Wastewater Treatment, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
|Client:||Chennai Metropolitan Water Supply & Sewerage Board|
|Location:||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Capacity:||110,000 m3/d, max. 275,000 m3/d|
- WABAG was entrusted with the realisation of a new biological sewage treatment plant at Kodungaiyur, Chennai. The treatment plant on turnkey basis is based on conventional activated sludge process with anaerobic sludge digestion and biogas utilisation by means of a power plant based on gas engine of capacity 1317 KVA. The digested sludge is dewatered in centrifuges.
- The plant is energy-neutral (98%)
- DBO: The scope of supply included the design, engineering, supply, construction, commissioning and operation (O&M) for a period of 10 years.
- Inlet chamber
- Grit Chambers
- Primary clarification
- Conventional activated sludge units
- Final clarification
- Sludge pumping station
- Sludge thickening
- Digesters with gas storage
- Power Generation Plant
- Sludge dewatering by centrifuge including centrate treatment.